When it comes to the real estate market, proper legal documents make up the main transaction, and if you have the right paperwork, you can save yourself a ton of money by selling directly. Read more below on how to sell a house by owner paperwork and why you should do it.
Why should you sell your own house?
As regular dealers in the real estate industry, we buy houses in Columbus Ohio to even Las Vegas, California. We use our own paperwork to flip houses and market to potential buyers. This way, we are cutting out the middleman like real estate agents by saving a ton of money.
This is the best way to sell your house using own paperwork, because the huge amount you save, a fraction of it, can be used for small marketing like leaflets, social promotion, etc.
Best way to Sell Your House Using Owner Paperwork?
When you see the real estate market thriving with potential buyers, and need to sell your house fast, the best way to approach this is to do a bit of marketing.
By using your personal social media platforms, you can not only advertise amongst your social or professional circle regarding a property sale listing but spread the information out fast too.
Just by mentioning you have every paperwork done and available makes it easy for potential buyers to start enquiring.
Owner Paperwork Required to Sell Your Own House?
- Original Sales Contract: When you bought your home in the first place, you didn’t do so without proper documentation right? The original property sales contract is required during the process of selling your home.
- Property Deed: This is the legal document that helps transfer the ownership from the seller to the buyer. A full description, including the identification of all parties, is listed here.
- Property Survey Documents: This survey form is the document which states the actual, legal boundaries of the area of your property.
- Mortgage Payments Documents: If you had taken out a mortgage payment on your home, the payoff amount during the time of selling is needed to be shown to the buyer. It will show the amount owed including the interest rate.
- Manuals and Warranty Paperwork: If your home comes equipped with appliances like stoves, washing machines, and ovens, this paperwork will help the buyer know the condition of these personal assets & help determine the estimated value.
- Home Appraisal Report: A home appraisal from a CMA or ‘Comparative Market Analysis’ is required during the process of selling your home. It determines the value of your home when it is compared to the market standard in real estate at the respective time.
Other paperwork like utility bills, tax forms and receipts, homeowners’ association forms, insurance, and inspection reports are also needed, which you should definitely have.
Do I need a lawyer to sell my property?
If there are legal issues tied to your property, it is better to at least get counsel from a legal professional who specializes in real estate. If you have no legal problems regarding your property, it is best to sell a house using your own paperwork.
What is the best time to sell my house?
The best time to sell a house is usually between March and June, but it depends on other factors as well like area development and the economy in general. Always keep a watch out for real estate industry news if you want to sell using the documents you own.
Should I find a real estate agent to sell my home?
If you are looking to sell your house with your own paperwork, avoid hiring real estate agents. Hiring a real estate agent can be somewhat costly as their service comes with a charge.
If you have the documents at your disposal, why not sell on your own. Real estate agents are there for those finding it extremely difficult to even begin selling. If you need to sell your home fast, just remember this, there is always someone out there looking to buy a property. All you have to do is find them, and once you do, you will see how easy it is to sell your house with your own paperwork.